The multi-function printers (aka copiers or MFPs) at Owens Community College have the ability to allow you to work on a document at your workstation, send it to print, and then only release it after you've gone to the device and entered a code. Most popular office apps (Word, Excel, etc) allow you to access this feature.
To use secured print do the following:
- Open the document you wish to print.
- Select File then Print.
- Select Properties/Printing Preferences/Printer Options (this term will vary between apps and programs).
- Find Output Method.
- Select Secured Print.
- If this is your first time using Secure Print, click Yes to set the user information. If not, click No.
- If yes, enter a PIN number and click and press OK to confirm choice.
- Select OK to print.
- Go to the MFP. Select Print Job from the Main Menu. On ImageRunner Advance models choose Secured Print.
- Select the secured print job from the queue.
- Press Secured Print.
- Enter the password/PIN you selected.
- Press OK.
- Document will print.