The Office of Financial Aid can take into account certain special circumstances, which may affect your aid eligibility. These may include:
- Loss of untaxed income (such as Social Security benefits, child support, or Workers Compensation);
- Loss of one-time income received in the prior year (must be on your prior year federal income tax return);
- Loss of income due to layoff, job change, or disability, or alimony;
- Nursing home costs associated with dependent elderly relatives;
- Medical or dental expenses not covered by health insurance but paid out of pocket. Certain limits apply;
- Death of a parent after the FAFSA has been submitted;
- Parent attends college at least half-time.
You can obtain a Special Conditions Application from Student Financial Services and submit it with the required supporting documentation. Please note that not all requests for special conditions are approved.
Semester deadlines to submit a Special Conditions Application for 2020-2021:
Summer 2020: August 7, 2020
Fall 2020: December 10, 2020
Spring 2021: May 6, 2021