Skip to main content
Skip table of contents

Can I test out of any courses?

Proficiency tests are developed by Owens Community College faculty and academic administration to allow a student to demonstrate competency for a course without enrolling in it. Students are encouraged to talk with their academic advisor and/or the Advisor, PLA Specialist about the process. A list of available tests and fees are available at Credit will be reflected on the transcript as a “CR” for each course. This credit can fulfill degree requirements but may not be transferable to other colleges. 

The College Board’s CLEP exams offers a student the ability to earn college credit for knowledge and skills learned outside of the classroom. A student who passes these exams with a minimum score will receive college credit. A student can view the available exams, minimum scores, testing locations, and pricing at the College Board’s CLEP website at At the time of the CLEP exam, a student who wishes to obtain CLEP credit should request scores be sent to Owens Community College using school code 4367 for Toledo or school code 4819 for Findlay. 

Students can also submit AP exam scores to earn credit for courses and exam taken through The College Board’s AP program while in high school. A student who wishes to obtain AP credit should request scores be sent to Owens Community College using school code 1643. A student can request this through the College Board website at or by calling 888-225-5427. AP test scores may also be submitted on an official high school transcript.


JavaScript errors detected

Please note, these errors can depend on your browser setup.

If this problem persists, please contact our support.