Skip to main content
Skip table of contents

Do I have to take an exam after I graduate to practice as a radiographer?

Yes, to become credentialed and practice as a radiographer graduates must take and pass a national certification examination administered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT). To maintain this credential registrants must submit 24 hours of continuing education to the ARRT every 24 months. For additional information please see


JavaScript errors detected

Please note, these errors can depend on your browser setup.

If this problem persists, please contact our support.