Skip to main content
Skip table of contents

What do I need to become an RHIT?

To take the Registered Health Information Technician certification examination, you must graduate with an associate degree from an accredited college program. The Commission on Accreditation of Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM) accredits programs based on their ability to comply with program standards. The program at Owens Community College is accredited by CAHIIM. Once you have completed your program, you are eligible to sit for the national certification examination to earn the RHIT Credentials. Earning a credential validates your competence as an HIM professional to employers and the public.


JavaScript errors detected

Please note, these errors can depend on your browser setup.

If this problem persists, please contact our support.