How do I back up data on my computer?
You can save your files from your computer to:
- Personal Network Storage (O:)
- Flash Drive
- External Hard Drive
To back up your data:
- Right click on the Windows Start button, click File Explorer.
Click on the Windows Explorer icon (the manila folder) in the taskbar.
- Navigate to the file or folder you would like to copy over (back up) and right-click on the name.
Note: To backup multiple files, hold down the Ctrl key and click on the desired files. You can also hold down the Shift key and highlight multiple files by dragging the selection rectangle over them.
- Left-click on Copy in the menu.
- Find the drive on the left side of the Windows Explorer window that you would like to copy the file(s) to. Click on the Drive name to select it.
- Right-click anywhere in the white space in the pane to the right of the drive name and left-click on Paste. Make sure you are clicking on Paste and not Paste Shortcut.
- Verify that the file appears in the window.
If you need help copying your data or you have any additional questions, please call the Owens IT Help Desk at 567-661-7120.