- Go to servicedesk.owens.edu.
- Log in using your universal username and password.
- On the left, select the Group your issue falls under. The Request Types will change with the Group selected.
- Select the Request type to open a request form.
Note: The fields on the forms will change depending on the Request Type.
- Fill out as much information as possible to help get your issue resolved in a timely manner.
- Click Create.
- This will open the Request.
Don’t notify me: This will turn off email notifications for this request. Note that if you turn this off, the IT staff is not notified it has been turned off. Check your request for any comments made to you from the staff assigned to your request.
Share: You can share the request with other users. They will receive an email notification that the request has been shared with them. They can view the request by logging into Service Desk and clicking on All Request in the upper right corner of the screen. They can make comments, share, escalate, resolve, and cancel the request.
Escalate: You can ask that the request be escalated to a higher priority.
Resolve this issue: If you resolve the issue before IT staff gets back to you, select Resolve the issue. This will notify the IT staff member assigned to the request. They will check that the resolution was successful and close the request.
Cancel request: You can cancel a request if help is no longer needed.
To check on other requests you may have:
- Click on Request in the upper right corner of the window.
- Select My Request to view currently open Requests.
- Select All Request to view any open, closed, or shared with you Requests
Note: When clicking, the text disappears from the option you are selecting.