I am an Owens employee. How do I create an IT Service Desk Request?
- Click the IT Service Desk shortcut on your Owens computer Desktop or go to
- Log in using your Owens email address and follow the prompts. For additional help logging in, please visit our How do I log into Owens Service Desk to fill out a request? FAQ.
- Select ITS Help Desk.
- Select the Request Type. Scroll to see additional choices.
- Select a Request Type Issue.
- Fill out as much information as possible to help get your issue resolved in a timely manner.
Note: The fields on the forms will change depending on the Request Type.
- Click Send.
- This will open the Request.
Status: This is the current status of your request.
Request Type: This is the type of request you selected when entering the ticket.
Notifications on: Clicking on this will turn off the email notifications you receive when updates are made for this request. Note that if you turn this off, the IT staff is not notified it has been turned off. You will need to log into Service Desk to check your request for any comments made from the IT staff assigned to your request.
Share with: You can share the request with other users. They will receive an email notification that the request has been shared with them. They can view the request by logging into Service Desk and clicking on All in the upper right corner of the screen. They can make comments and share the request.
Add a Comment: This will update the request and email the ITS staff member assigned.
To check on other requests you may have:
- Click on Requests in the upper right corner of the window.
- Select Created by me to view currently open Requests.
- Select All to view any open, closed, or shared with you Requests.
- Use the search and filters, at the top of the window, to refine your results.
Keywords: help helpdesk