Since each audiovisual system was installed at different times, technology in each room may vary. Please examine the equipment in the room.
CHECK THE COMPUTER VOLUME
Computer volume can be controlled by clicking the speaker icon located in lower right of your screen in the Windows Taskbar.
CHECK THE VOLUME OF THE MEDIA PLAYER
Most media players have separate volumes controls. Locate this and ensure the volume is turned up.
CLASSROOMS WITH CONTROL BOXES ATTACHED TO DESKS (Founders Hall)
Newer classroom systems allow users to control the room’s projector with the press of a button. Please check the following to ensure proper operation:
- Look for a control box attached to instructor station desk with glowing buttons which read:
- Volume Up
- Volume Down
- Use the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons to control the volume.
- If problems persist, check the speaker attached to the desk to ensure:
- Speaker is on. A red light will indicate the speaker is on.
- Volume is turned up. The Volume knob is located on the back of the speaker.
CLASSROOMS WITH A SPEAKER ON THE DESK
Many classrooms are equipped with a speaker on the desk. Please check the following to ensure proper operation:
- Speaker is on. A light will indicate the speaker is on.
- Volume is turned up. The Volume buttons are located on the back of the speaker.
If problems persist, please call the IT Help Desk at 567-661-7120 for assistance.